Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Reflection

It's been 32 years since I entered this crazy, beautiful, awful, breathtaking world.
32 years.
Guess what? I embrace that! Oh, how I welcome these days of wisdom and experience.
Over the last few years, I've begun to notice my true self, the one that I can really love, begin to emerge. What an enlightening experience!
Of course, that doesn't mean that everything is perfect, all of the time. Quite the opposite, in fact. But I have learned to find the beauty in the chaos.
Parts of me are still incomplete, I suppose that will always be the case. There are some things I'd do differently if I could do them over. There are still some things that I long for, that I will likely never get.  And there are some things that I'd change, even now, if I could. But life is going to happen regardless of what changes I'd like to see, so I better make each moment count.
This morning I was enjoying my coffee on the back patio in peace while the children slept. I was lost in thought, and the beauty of my garden. I love how a garden is like life... it can be overgrown with weeds, yet you can always find something to nurture you amidst the weeds. Just push those weeds aside (or better yet, pull them!) and you will find the nourishment you need.